The following is a list of items that should come to camp every day, unless noted. Please make sure that all items are marked with camper’s name.
- Water bottle with a strap
- 2 drinks, preferably water or Gatoraide (NO GLASS and no soda).
- Lunch and a separate snack
- Rain coat or poncho
- Insect repellent (wipes or lotion are best) and sunscreen
- Squirt bottle (for water play all during the week)
- Medication – if needed, must make arrangements with nurse (see section on medicine)
- Two or three plastic bags for wet items
- ON FRIDAY – Bring 20 – 30 swaps (SWAPs are a small craft on a safety pin or clip. Put in a plastic bag with her name on it. For ideas, just Google SWAPS)
No Valuables at Camp – This includes iPods, cell phones, and cameras (disposable cameras are okay).
Overnight Packing List
The following is a list of things that the girls should bring to camp on Thursday if planning to attend the overnight. This is only for the girls, rising 6th graders and above, who have paid the overnight fee and turned in a signed permission slip.
- sleeping bag/pillow
- appropriate sleepwear
- jacket / sweatshirt
- bathing suit & swim shoes
- clothes for the next day
Tents, dinner, snacks and breakfast will be provided by Camp Camellia Rose. The girls will be supervised by several of the adult, female volunteers, as well and the Camp Director.
Since camp ends early on Friday, there will be no official lunch time scheduled. You may choose to send your overnight camper with an extra snack for Friday.
What to Wear and When
Camp shirt and unit bandanna, socks that cover ankles and sneakers. There will be lots of walking at camp, so please have your daughter wear old shoes that are comfortable! Keep in mind that it will be hot and dirty. NO CROCS.
All campers need to have their bathing suits on Monday. You will get an email informing you if your daughter should wear it to camp in the morning and bring under garments to change into or if she should dress as usual and bring her bathing suit to change into.
During the Week:
You will be notified of the day(s) where your camper will again need to bring her bathing suit, swim shoes and towel. An email will be sent by your camper’s unit leader providing you with this information.